Meals and Uniform Grants are subject to Department of Education Criteria and Education Authority Approval.
Application forms are now available from your regional Education Authority office. Completed forms with full verification received will be given priority in date order received. During the months July to October it may take up to 6 weeks to administer the claim
A full School Uniform Allowance consists of an allowance towards School Uniform and an allowance towards Physical Education Clothing.
A pupil shall be entitled to School Uniform/Physical Education clothing where:
- the parent/guardian is in receipt of Income Support, Income-Based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance, or if a pupil claims Income Support in their own name; or,
- the parent/guardian is in receipt of Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit and have an annual taxable income of £16,190 or less; or,
- he/she is a boarder at a special school; or,
- the parent is in receipt of the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit; or
- he/she is the child of an asylum seeker supported by the Home Office National Asylum Support Service (NASS).
The Uniform Allowance for 2015/16 will be as follows:
School Year 2015/16 01 August 2015 - 31 July 2016
Mainstream Primary Allowance
Uniform Allowance of £35.75 for mainstream primary pupils (includes P.E allowance)
Post Primary and Special School Allowance
Uniform allowance of £51.00 for Post Primary and Special School pupils under 15 years of age on 01/08/2015
Uniform allowance of £56.00 for Post Primary and Special School pupils 15 years of age or over on 01/08/2015
|P.E allowance of £22.00 for all eligible pupils attending Post Primary and Special Schools
Children attending Nursery Schools, Nursery Units in Primary School or Reception Classes are not entitled to assistance with school uniform