Meals and Uniform Grants are subject to Department of Education Criteria and Education and Library Board Approval.
Application forms are now available from your local Education and Library Board. Completed forms with full verification received will be given priority in date order received. During the months July to October it may take up to 6 weeks to administer the claim.
A pupil shall be entitled to Free School Meals if:
- the parent/guardian is in receipt of Income Support, Income-Based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance, or if a pupil claims Income Support in their own name; or,
- the parent/guardian is in receipt of Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit and have an annual taxable income of £16,190 or less; or,
- he/she has a statement of special educational needs and is designated to require a special diet; or
- he/she is a boarder at a special school; or,
- the parent is in receipt of the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit; or
- he/she is the child of an asylum seeker supported by the Home Office National Asylum Support Service (NASS).